[passtartoursgroup] Re: This person has RSVP'd for the PVCC Jan 21 Telescope Workshop

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 17:29:38 -0700

Looking at the photo of this mount, William says it is the same mount Pete
has. Pete, can you attend to help Nikul with his scope and alignment? This
is the PVCC telescope workshop on Jan 21.
Terri

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know who could help him this is a new system that works a lot
different than other Celestron systems. The basics are similar but it has a
new function to help it get an accurate polar alignment...but it may
actually make gotos worse in some instances.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 12:30 AM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nikul is a current member of PAS, so any help you can give him would be
appreciated. Plan to help him at the telescope workshop at PVCC. Thanks.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 12:26 AM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need to know I have a telescope teacher availble
to assist them with their scope.

Read over what they sent me, and reply to me, to let
me know you can make it to Thursday Jan 21 Telescope
Workshop. Thank you so much!

Hi Terri,

Can you please accept my RSVP for the telescope training workshop at
PVCC main campus on 01/21?

I've a specific reason on attending this event. The reason being that
I'm not able to align my equatorial GoTo mount to the sky. I've tried
several times but not succeeding and the mount is off alignment by a big
deal. I may be making an important mistake in aligning it to the sky. If it
is possible by any experienced astronomer to help me learn its complete
procedure to align it to the sky then that would be great for me. Following
are the details of my telescope that I'll be bringing there:

1. Mount --> Celestron Advanced VX
2. Optical tube --> Celestron Nexstar 6 SE Schmidt Cassegrain or
Celestron 6" Newtonian Reflector
3. Optical and red-dot finder scopes
4. Tripod
5. Jump starter battery
6. Counter weight
7. Cables and other stuff as necessary

I've a little bit hands on over manual equatorial mount. I've
successfully aligned several times to the sky an Alt-Azi type GoTo mount as
well. But this mount I've never been able to the sky.

Please advise any thing I need to make sure when I arrive to the event.
Also let me know if any questions over my above details.

Thanks,
Nikul

Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event Manager
Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-Lessons-by-Terri/170920862925772>
Page