[passtartoursgroup] Re: Dos Rios Elementary star party tonight

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "insanas" for DMARC)
  • To: starstuff@xxxxxxxxx, azphotog@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 12:49:21 -0500

I have called our school contact, Shannon Haley twice this morning and left
messages for her to call me back. If I hear from her I will update this email
and call people.
It looks like the best place to park looking at Google Earth, is the east
parking lot. We will probably set up on the basketball courts just south of the
main buildings,
but if they have very bright lights I will request we get farther away such as
on the baseball field at the south end of the school. I hope we can drive over
to where we set up.
We are to set up at 5:30 pm and have food and drinks. Friday afternoon rush
hour traffic can be horrible, so leave a few minutes earlier than usual. I-10
west gets you to within
a few miles of the school which is at 2150 S. 87th Ave in Tolleson.
The following are possible objects to show: the moon, orion nebula, pleiades
open cluster, Andromeda galaxy, gamma andromeda double star, double cluster in
persius, M81 and M82
galaxies and perhaps M15 globular cluster at the very beginning of the night
before it sets. Remember there will be young children for the most part, so
if the object looks very faint and small,
you may want to switch to a brighter object. The brightest objects will be the
moon, pleiades, gamma andromeda, and double cluster in persius.
We should have Mike and Kevin with displays, and Sam, Roger, Earl, Peter, Don
and Christine with telescopes.
The weather is cloudy right now, but all 6 weather forecasts average 10% cloud
cover, 5 mph wind, and 0% rain for tonight. The satellite photos show clearing
from the west
late this afternoon.
Please call or text me at 602-315-4750 if you have any questions. Have fun
tonight. Sam Insana RSVP