[passtartoursgroup] Questions about Lumi Events + then about Mary's event Oct 17

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:30:59 -0700

Good morning Star Tours Group Members,

I have had a few questions about how we are doing the Lumi events for DBG
this year, and I thought I'd answer all the questions in one email.

So, the number 1 question on a few of your minds is:
Are we using the Rotation list.

There are way more events than there are scopes to fill the events, so here
is what I had in mind.

Sign ups are open to anyone in the Star Tours group (this is for the Lumi
events only) who has returned their 6 questions to me, made sure they are
up to date with their W-9 on file, and has been approved to be part of the
Lumi Team. How do you know if you are approved to be on the team? I have
created a page, actually 2 of them, that tracks what events you might be
involved in. But in short, if you are on this list, you are approved
(unless I didn't get your 6 questions, yet (emails went out yesterday about
this)).

I have:

*Terry *D - waiting on Questions
*Don *B
*Sam *I
William F
*Terri *F
Storm S (as Runner)
*Kevin *W
*Bruce *W
*Howard *M
*Pete *T
*Rick *C - waiting on Questions
*Roger *A - waiting on Questions
*Dewell* H - waiting on Questions
Mike M - Meteorites

If nothing follows your name, you are approved.
Now, there are other members of the Star Tours team who are receiving this
email, who are not on the Lumi Team because they declined doing the events.
That's fine. Not every event is for every Team member.

So, what this tells me is that we have (bolded) 11 scopes (if all members
above become approved to do the Lumi events) and 24 dates in which we need
a minimum of 4 scopes signed up for each date. That's a lot of dates to
cover.

So, what we are doing is, those who want to do the Lumi Events are now
being given sign up dates. I open up every Tuesday and Thursday for the
next month or so, as sign up dates, in which a member from the list above
may sign up on one Lumi Date on Tuesday or today, and then another Lumi
date on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun or Monday. So, by the time next Tuesday July
28 gets here, everyone who wants a Lumi event, will have only 2 Lumi events
signed up for.

---

So, what's the difference in doing it this way, over doing it through the
rotation list? The rotation list takes too long. If you look at it:

Eric Steinberg *
Terry Dancer *
Don Boyd
Earl DeLong
Sam Insana
William Finch
Kevin Witts
Bruce Wurst
Howard Moneta
Pete Turner
Rick Cunningham
Roger Anzini

​I would have to email each person on the rotation list, up to a certain
amount of scopes, each day, and allow the member 24 hours to sign up before
asking the next set of members to do the same. So, for the Lumi events, we
are opening up days and when it gets skimpier on the number of Lumi dates
left for sign up, then I will turn to the Rotation list of approved Lumi
Scopes, and offer the last few days that are open, to those on the list who
still want more Lumi dates.

Now, what i'd like to do is keep the list open to all approved scopes for
the Lumi Events, but when you reach your limit and you can no longer take
any more events, drop me an email so I know you are done taking the the
events as a Main scope.
Then i will open up some dates for back up Scopes and Runners to pick
dates.

And after this week, I might open up one more sign up date. Right now we
have every Tuesday and Thursday. I"m thinking maybe opening up Saturday as
well, but not this week. Let's see how it goes and just watch the forum
Thread about it to see if Saturday opens up as a sign up date as well. We
need to fill in all the main scopes and have no less than 4 scopes signed
up for all 24 events. So, I'm counting on my team to want to take as many
events as they can. I know some of you have holiday plans.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/showthread.php?t=960&page=2

The next thing we are going to do is keep a tally of who got paid, as we go
along. So, I don't know if you​ want to know this info, but i will be
posting it in this document.. which tracks who is doing what, on what day
and once it is filled in, we can print it and use it to know the schedule,
plus who got paid, such as If PAS received the check, and then disbursed
the monies to the Team Members, and how much, etc.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=256

Another file of interest is here, where i have a chart of who is on what
day providing which scope, or Running or what ever, and i will be updating
it as we do the events, as well, so tracking what we did, when, works
smoothly. I appreciate everyone's help in keeping track of everything
having to do with the Lumi events.
http://www.pasaz.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=257

So, let me also give you one more piece of info. Since the limit is one
Lumi date per sign up day, and the first sign up day is Tuesday morning at
12:01am to Thursday night at 11:59pm, if you miss the sign up day and know
you are allowed to have 2 days at the current time, when you sign up, feel
free to take 2 days. You don't have to meet the deadline but if you had
specific dates you wanted to take and missed the sign up, take them. So, by
tonight, Wednesday July 22, you will have one Lumi Date chosen, if you want
one. And if you wait, you can choose two dates, if you miss tonight's
deadline. All we are doing is stopping those who can take every date, from
taking all the dates at one time. Someone told me last year, it wasn't fair
how we did the sign ups, and so i asked several members on how to do it
this year, and they said give them a minimum of 2 days to sign up for each
date in case someone can't get to the computer or thru their cell phone to
sign up by a particular day. So, this just helps everyone sign up for one
Lumi event at a time. The advantage to signing up for your 1 Lumi event in
the assigned sign up time is that you get the date you wanted to do these
events. The disadvantage is that Nov 27 is already filled up with 4 scopes.
So, if that was one of your dates and you didn't get in there to sign up to
do it, you missed out on that date, as an example.

I hope this answered the question about the Rotation list. It would take
way too long to ask certain people to pick a date and then wait, and pick
another, so in stead, i open it up to the whole approved Lumi Team of
scopes, pick your dates on the assigned sign up days and when we get closer
to having most days filled, I may use the rotation list at that time. But
right now, we have more events than we have scopes to fill. So, everyone on
the approved Lumi list, please pick your first Lumi date. And sign up
through the calendar. I can't do it for you. You have to do it on the
calendar so there is a record that you signed up for the event.

Everyone have a spectacular day.
If you are supposed to be on one of the lists above, please let me know
that i forgot to have you included (the Rotation list or the Approved Lumi
scopes). I don't want to leave anyone out who wants to be included.

---

Let's shift gears for a moment...
I have some paid events I will be posting soon. Those will be on the
rotation list. Right now, the rotation list does not become affected by the
Lumi Events. That may happen at the end when i figure out who took th most
events and maybe move them to the bottom of the list. I haven't decided if
i want to do that or just not have the Lumi events work off the rotation
list. I will have to see how it goes. So, for now, the Luminaria events are
NOT considered on the the Rotation list. When / if they become on the list,
I will let you know.

But, for Mary's event, we will need to use the Rotation list. I will be
working on that event this week and next, and will start sign ups.
The way the rotation list works is...
Let's say we need 6 scopes. If i'm doing the event, I am one of the 6
scopes. I don't count on the rotation list.
So, that means we need 5 more scopes. That's when the list becomes active.
I contact the first 5 scopes on the rotation list, give them 2 days or so
to sign up to do the event, and then see how many openings there are left
after the 2 days (or what ever day i pick as the deadline) and open it up
to the next scope (s) I need to fill the event. So, for Mary's event, I
believe she has 6 of us total attending, so Mike and I are 2 of the 6, so
the first 4 members on the Rotation list will get an email asking if they
want to do the event, and they will be given 2 or 3 days to sign up or not.
If they sign up, they go to the bottom of the rotation list, plus do the
event.
Mary's event has the all black dress code and name badge. If you can't meet
that requirement, please do not sign up to do this event. The pay from
Mary's event is not a good hourly rate, but she is feeding us, and she
wants solar. Which also has it's perks, as i need someone with solar to
attend, if I can't do solar that day. 1 or 2 solar scopes, different
scopes, like a filter on a scope and a PST to show different stuff, would
be best. I will see how i want to do this. Maybe put the solar people on
the list a different way, on the rotation list. Maybe mark them with solar
abilities which would bump them to the top of the list when needed.
Any suggestions on how we should do this, the solar part of the event, for
the rotation list?

Wishing everyone a super, astronomical Wednesday!
Terri, Event Manager

Any questions about the Lumi events, send them my way so i can answer them
to the Team.

Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event Manager
Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook