[passtartoursgroup] Re: Luminaria Events

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 13:14:13 -0700

Quick question:

Does anyone have a presentation table they can provide at DBG, like Mike,
and Kevin, whereby you are talking about what is on your table and maybe
doing some hands on, or having a hand out, or just show and tell, for the
Luminaria events.
I need to know exactly how many presenters we have to juggle between. If we
only have Mike and Kevin, then I will assign them every other night as
their main night to be a presenter, if a presenter is needed.

Here's the plan:

Clear nights = 4 scopes

If we think clouds are going to be a bother, but not take away the sky,
totally... we can do
3 scopes & 1 presenter

or if more clouds are in the forecast, and a MOON
we can do 2 scopes & 2 presenters

And then, when we are totally overcast - 2 presenters only

Does this sound like the right idea?

I'm going to mark on our dates, which days are best for scopes/presenters,
or just presenters, based on the weather.

Have a super day!
Terri

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good evening Star Tours group members,

I'm making a list, to track who is doing what event for the 22 Luminaria
events at DBG and i'm organizing a way to message through a group email
through my gmail account, only those who are planning to attend and be part
of the Star Tours Luminaria events.

I have had several messages from members who have decided not to be
involved in this year's event for various reasons, and so I'm looking to
find out who wants to know about these events, and who wants to know
nothing about them.

If you are not planning to any of the Luminaria events this Holiday Season
2015, please let me know to drop you from the list.

Here's the list, thus far (I copied this from the Revolving Star Tours
List - and this is the order you will be contacted to take the jobs at DBG):

So, here's who i have available, and those who have dropped. Please send
me updates, if this is incorrect.

The dates of the Luminaria events was sent out in a previous email. Let me
know your status.

When you reply, tell me what scope you can provide for these events, or
what presentations, or both, or if you want to be a Runner during the
Luminaria. Some of you might want to be a scope one night, and then take
the next night a little easier, and be a Scope Runner. I'm ok with that. I
just need to know who is doing what, before I give away all the dates. Now
is the time to inform me of what you can do!

Please confirm the below info:

What scope?
What display for Presenter
Can you meet Dress Code?

Terry Dancer - 5" Refractor

Don Boyd - 8" Newt

Earl DeLong - 10" Dob

Sam Insana - 8" Newt

William Finch - 10" Dob

Kevin Witts - 8" SCT + Presentations on 1) Meteorites, 2) Moon, 3) Planets
? (list each separately), 4) Rocket display

Bruce Wurst - 12.5" SCT

Howard Moneta - 8" SCT or a 14" Dob

Pete Turner - 12.5" SCT ?

Rick Cunningham - 8" SCT or ?

Roger Anzini - 16" Dob

Mike Marron - Presenter: Meteorites

Please Confirm the above info with all possibilities.
I need all the data I can collect for this event.

*Susan is thinking of moving us* to a new location at DBG for this year's
event. I am going to make a trip there to check with her on it. If you want
to attend, let me know and I will set it up on a date we can make it
together. Your input is helpful.

*You NEED to reply to this email to stay on the Rotation List for this
event*. NO reply, and I will drop you from the list. If you are dropping
from doing the Luminaria events, please let me know.

This will be a very busy time for these 22 events. We must work together,
we must stay in contact the whole time, so the RSVP person may be asked to
use their phone to confirm attendance (in my absence), and send a photo of
set up, etc. And reviews for the newsletter, are highly requested.

When you reply, if you prefer NOT to be the RSVP at an event you are
attending, let me know. I can pick someone else to be RSVP, when I'm not
there. If I am there, I am RSVP, always.

Let's have some fun, make some extra money for the holiday season and
enjoy doing this event again this year!

Terri, Event Coordinator for PAS Events

Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event
Coordinator
Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-Lessons-by-Terri/170920862925772>
Page