[passtartoursgroup] Lumi events

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Star Tours Group <passtartoursgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:12:43 -0700

Some members have, of the Star Tours team, asked me about this...

Yes, i'm listed on all Lumi events except one, however, if i drop, the back
up scope gets to do the event. And I'd like to be Runner a few nights as
well. I can't do a scope and Runner at the same time, so some nights, i
will drop from being the scope, closer to the date, and take the Runner
position, if it is open. That's why we are having sign ups. And as long as
i have someone at the event who can help me get my scope back into my
vehicle, I can do every night, if i want to. So, don't think that just
because i'm on a night, i am keeping that night for doing the Scope. I will
figure it out based on the needs. If we need a runner and no one has signed
up to do it, I may drop as a scope, give it to the back up scope listed,
and be a runner for the night.
The only night I am not on at the moment is Dec 13 which is the Telescope
Workshop. We usually have a good turnout for that event, of people wanting
to know what scope to buy, and I can't decide if i want to cancel the event
and do DBG, or do Bookmans. If we keep Bookmans on the calendar, i prefer
to do Bookmans. But if we cancel it, i'd want to be a scope or runner for
that night at DBG. The decision is tough, mostly because i know we have a
great turnout for Bookmans.

Have a fantastic day!

Sign ups are still only for main scopes and runners. we are not doing back
up of anything, yet. I will open those options up soon. Stick to the
schedule for now. I appreciate it. I have to fill the 4 scopes that are
required, before moving on.

Terri, Event Coordinator

Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event Manager
Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook