[pasmembers] Re: (no subject)

  • From: LPhxAZ <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 15:20:55 -0700

ok, so it's pretty. and it's *expensive*. and it doesn't look like the solar
system anyway.  no, that's not "sour grapes".  it looks like a beautiful ring
with 9 valuable gemstones, but it doesn't look like the solar system.

but - do you ever do beading?  you could make a necklace with glass beads in
various sizes and colors representing the planets.  glass beads are very pretty
even though they're not expensive.  you could put all the beads on one strand,
in order, either with metal spacers to hold them in place, or with smaller
plain beads between them.  or you can make a 9-strand necklace with each bead
on a separate strand.  you can get all the materials at "Michael's" craft
supply store for a few dolllars, including a book about how to do it.  in fact
you can get a book like that for free from the public library, and then you
just need to buy the beads and other materials. also if you are just making the
one necklace, you don't need to get special jewellery tools, you can use tools
you already have at home (but just use them gently).

                From: Terry Dancer <tmranger86@xxxxxxxxx>
                To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:46:56 -0700

                I was thinking of a gift for myself haha. It's only $4300. And
it comes with a certificate cause it has been on the ISS for 159 days

                Sent from my iPhone 5S
                On Aug 12, 2014, at 5:38 PM, Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

                  That's a really nice piece Terry - perfect for a pre-wedding
gift to a fiancée.....  She can wear it on a chain.  Go for it!