[pasmembers] Re: (no subject)

  • From: LPhxAZ <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:22:22 -0700

have you ever done beading before?  it's not difficult but you should try
making one first and then decide if you want to make more.

I would recommend to put all the planets on one strand, in order, rather than 9
strands.

also do you want to keep to scale?  but it's sort of difficult due to the
difference in sizes.  here is a list of planet models on the same scale where
1" = 100,000 miles:

      Object
     Diameter of model (mm)
     Object about the same size as model
     Suggested color

      Mercury
     0.8
     Pinhead or candy sprinkle
     Yellow

      Venus
     2
     Peppercorn or popcorn kernel
     White

      Earth
     2
     Peppercorn or popcorn kernel
     Blue or blue-green

      Earth’s moon
     0.5
     Pinhead or candy sprinkle
     Yellow

      Mars
     1
     Pinhead or candy sprinkle
     Red

      Jupiter
     20
     Chestnut or pecan
     Brown-and-white striped?

      Saturn
     18
     Hazelnut or acorn
     Yellow

      Uranus
     9
     Peanut or coffeebean
     Blue

      Neptune
     8
     Peanut or coffeebean
     Blue

      Pluto
     0.4
     Pinhead or candy sprinkle
     White or gray

(note:  25 mm = 1 inch)

                    From: Terry Dancer <tmranger86@xxxxxxxxx>
                    To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:46:56 -0700

                    I was thinking of a gift for myself haha. It's only $4300.
And it comes with a certificate cause it has been on the ISS for 159 days

                    Sent from my iPhone 5S
                    On Aug 12, 2014, at 5:38 PM, Eric Steinberg
<eric@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                      That's a really nice piece Terry - perfect for a
pre-wedding gift to a fiancée.....  She can wear it on a chain.  Go for it!