[pasmembers] Re: Discussion about Jan 21 2016 Events

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 13:01:32 -0700

Thank you Alex,

More input requested.
Keep it coming.

I'm out of my computer for the day, headed to Lumi tonight.
Terri

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Alex Vrenios <axv@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Considering the Christmas telescope scenario you posed, and the fact that
a workshop doesn’t strictly require a clear sky, I vote PVCC G-147 workshop
only.

Alex

On Dec 11, 2015, at 12:22 PM, Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good morning PAS Members,

Sam and Bob Ewing have proposed that we change the Jan 21 Telescope
Workshop to BMC Star Party.

Here's my input, and then i want your input, if you have a preference....

My thought is this... we usually try to have 2+ telescope workshops in
January so that those who just received a telescope for xmas, will seek
help using it. And January has always had larger turnout for telescope
workshop attendees. Jan and Feb, both.

I'm suggesting one or the other event, not both. However, we can look at
it this way,...

Sam suggested that if BMC gets clouded out, then do the Telescope Workshop
exclusively.

If you post both evnets to the site and people RSVP for one or the other,
how do the main ppl of PAS show up at both events, namely me, or others who
are important to the telescope workshop, such as Kevin, Howard, Sam...
We can't be in both places at one time. And with the turnout we usually
get in Jan and Feb at the workshops, it is wise not to send my telescope
teachers to BMC.

So, knowing this info, what event do you want to see happen on Jan 21.

Yes, there is a Bookmans event in January. But is one telescope workshop
enough for that month?

That's my input. Please add yours, and we will weigh the situation and
decide from there, based on what the Members want to do. All input is
welcome.

Terri, Event Manager

Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event Manager
Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.musiclessonsbyterri.com/> & Music Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Music-Lessons-by-Terri/170920862925772>
Page