[PA28235] Re: pa28235 Digest V6 #7

  • From: jjhoneck@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pa28235@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 03:08:05 +0000

That's COOL -- and much less hassle than the water test.

Thanks for sharing it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

-------------- Original message from "tx3" <Ron_Fenili@xxxxxxx>: --------------

Another way to test for water that I use since it is visual and similar to high
school chemistry, is to use alka seltzer. I break a tablet into four parts, put
three back in the alka seltzer container. The remaining piece is then placed in
the fuel tester with the gas from the airplane's tank. Shake well. If it
fizzes, you have alcohol. Works everytime. No fizz no water or alcohol.

RGF 210kb