[overture] Re: Two pipes

  • From: Shi Qiu <shiq@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 22:51:33 -0700

Hi Bill and Mike,

I am sure that you are really busy and I appreciate you taking the time to
respond personally to me.

I have been studying these samples for a week. Now I have some ideas about
how to generate the grid I want. Originally the goal is to generate a pipe
and put a solid disk in the pipe with an angle, the diameter of the disk is
same with pipe (which means some parts of the disk are tangent with the
pipe). I want to use cgins to find out pressure distribution on the disk
when there are uniform flow in the pipe. The first approach I tried was to
use one thin pipe as disk and set its boundaries as physical boundary, then
I put it in another pipe. But this does not work. Then I found the body of
revolution function. Now I am trying to use this function to build a dick
(similar to revolve.cmd in sampleGrids folder). Then use rotate/scale/shift
function to rotate a pipe and put the disk in it. However, I have some
problems when I want to put the dick in the pipe with the boundaries
tangent to the pipe. This is because of there are body fitted grids around
the dick. When it is tangle to the pipe, these grids will be outside the
pipe. Could you give me some suggestions please? Is there a better approach
to generate these grids?

Thanks again,

Best,

Stone