[overture] Re: Ogen & AMR (serial)

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, petr.hotmar@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 08:30:05 -0700

Petr:

  Unfortunately dynamic AMR does not currently work with Oges
since the special AMR interpolation is not yet added to the Oges sparse
matrix. This is something that we need to finish.
  The closest thing you can do is to add refinement grids statically
when building a grid with Ogen.

Regards,
  Bill

Petr Hotmar wrote:
I'm trying to use AMR with Ogen, when the solver is called every time step. The following problem appears when the number of refinement levels > 2. After building the initial AMR grid (based on amrHype.C), I set up the Oges' coefficient matrix for a system of equations. When I call finishBoundaryConditions, I crash with a segfault (in interpolateRefinements() at interpRefinements.C:413). Interestingly, when I leave out the reference sign from the grid declaration (CompositeGrid & cg = cga[currentGrid]), I crash even earlier - when declaring coefficient-matrix grid function (realCompositeGridFunction coeff(cg,stencilDimension,...)) - with:

ListOfGridCollection: List Index Out of Range!

trying to reference a list with index=1

but the list only has indicies in the range: [0,-1]

length of List = 0

Let me know if you need more info.

Any ideas?

Thank you,