[overture] Re: Generating grid for a wing

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:52:12 -0700

 Dear Praveen,

  I guess the closest example that we have is in the
sail for the submarine (Overture/sampleGrids/sub.cmd)
which uses the cross-section mapping. Of course the
trailing edge and end cap are the difficult parts
to deal with.

  We should have a better example distributed with
Overture so if you are able to create something and
are willing to share it with us that would be great.

Regards,
  Bill.

Praveen C wrote:
Hello

I am now attempting to generate a grid for a wing. Are there any examples available to learn how to do this ? I have the definition of the wing in terms of its airfoil sections as a function of spanwise location.

Thanks
praveen