[OMB] alcohol free beer

  • From: Charlie Smith <bmwcharlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overmountainbrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 08:05:22 -0500 (EST)

Hey Folks,

When I was in Germany a few years back, I had a couple of alcohol free beers
(and a lot of great regular beers) that had a good taste. Better than most
"commercial" beers found here in the US.

I have need to make a batch of NA brew, but have not been successful in finding
a recipe. Has anyone out there tried this sort of thing? I know you are asking
why anyone would want to, but I have my reasons.

I can keg, so carbonation is not a problem....the problem is getting a wort
that would not be sickeningly sweet without doing a fermentation.

Thanks,

Charlie Smith