[ourplace] Re: Shoulder and Balance Problems

  • From: Panix <kathyann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 18:28:47 -0500

Well I hope this message dictate this time. I was having trouble with it. But
yes I do want physical therapy. I want to see if that will work. If that
doesn't work I will consider other options. But I really don't want to go the
surgery route yet. Because that would put me down for the count for a while.
Anyway my appointment is set for Wednesday. I'm going to go. I'm going to tell
the therapist I still have stuff to sort out in the closet yet. Anyway I hope I
get a nice person. I've never been to this place before so I'm a little bit
nervous The place is called Metro sports physical therapy. It's not that far
from my apartment building. I can take one bus and then I have to walk a block.
But anyway Medicare will pay part of it but I have to pay the rest. But that's
OK I guess. The other place it takes both Medicare and Medicaid I do not want
to go to. Because I had trouble with the place. Trouble with one person. This
person who is a physical therapist had this idea the blind people and sighted
people should not socialize with each other. And she and I really had an
argument. Because of that when I was a gentleman next to me that wanted to talk
to me while we were exercising. She took issue with it. Anyway she said
something and he started yelling at her. I thought it was going to escalate
into a huge fight but it didn't thank goodness. But I do want some pain relief
and what they gave me didn't work. And I don't want to go on Vicodin or
OxyCotton either. That would not be a good thing. I don't want to become an
addict. But I did go to choir rehearsal on Sunday even though it hurt. I didn't
joy seeing the Christmas party the Messiah that we were rehearsing. Then I came
home but I had the rust. Anyway that's just the way that goes. If I could get
somebody in here to help me sort out the rest of the stuff that would be good.
But I'm not sure if that will happen. But anyway we'll just have to see. But
anyway I've got my bedroom closet to do the linen closet the closet near the
end of the closet near the front door.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 7, 2015, at 6:21 PM, Sharon Conkling <sharonconk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Kathleen,
I am sorry you are going through so much. You said you had no choice when it
comes to physical therapy. Yes you do. If you don’t want to do it you say no.
We all have choices.
I have chronic illnesses and find that a good, positive attitude helps when
dealing with any kind of treatment.
Please know you are in my prayers.

Sharon and Pearl