[otb] Welcome to Trinidad - Day 6

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelists" <otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:18:23 -0400

Welcome to Trinidad ? Day 6

?I will stay here and set up sound, but I need my wife to feel safe.?  Oh how
I love to feel protected.  My husband making sure that I was okay with
visiting house-to-house meant more to me than I can say.  I am shy in most
situations, but going up to people in a foreign country, in a Hindu and Muslim
neighborhood; not my comfort zone.  When we split into teams, both boys said
they were going with me (my body guards).  I did feel safer.  Selah is a tall
beautiful Guyanese woman.  She is quiet and confident.  Lenny is a very quiet
helpful older formerly Hindu gentleman from their church.  That was our team.
 Believe it or not, I was the most comfortable to share my faith on the whole
team.  ?Lord, what is up with this?!?  We spoke to several people on the
street who listened politely and took the tracts we had.  I spoke to one young
man who was sitting in his window, and explained the plan of salvation to him.
 We invited him to the church and gave him a card to fill out for Pastor to
come by and visit later.  He filled it out and returned it to us.  The last
house was a couple who had been to the church and could no longer come because
the husband hurts so much in his back and legs and hips.  He wants to know why
Pastor doesn?t come to visit any more.  He wants to know why Selah was healed
of breast cancer three years ago, and God leaves him in pain.  He wants to
know how he got on the bottom of God?s to-do list.  I wonder the same thing,
but can?t seem to find any words to comfort him.  I am grateful that God is
sovereign and I am not making those decisions.  I even struggle with which
people I meet to share the best news they will ever be told.  Pathetic, huh?

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.