[otb] April OTB Update

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 12:46:53 -0400

Dear Friends & Family in the Lord:
April 7, 2006

Happy Spring!  I am turning into a real Kentuckian.  Where we live, virtually
every house has a porch.  These are not just decorative.  They are for
?sittin? a spell.?  If you don?t have a porch, you put furniture outside where
the porch would be.  Some porches look like a sitting room with end tables,
plants, and pictures on the walls.  (Our still looks like a porch with wicker
chairs.)  It is getting use this Spring because it is just too beautiful out
to eat in the dining room all the time.  The butterflies are doing crazy
things and decorating the landscape.  The birds are NOISY!  And hey, I saw
geese flying north yesterday.  Do I sound like I have Spring fever?

Some of you have written asking how the kids are doing with us being on the
road without them more.  They don?t like it, but it just can?t be helped.
They are well, though.  All my kids are teens now.  Nate passed the 13 year
milestone March 19, and is really enjoying his friends in Jr. High.  He
entertains everyone with a really great sense of artistic humor.  He got a
pair of white leather hightops for his birthday from us and a new set of
sharpies from his Aunt and made the most kickin? decorated walking art you
ever saw!  What a blast!  Evan and Tim leave today for a weekend on the road
with their choir.  They are the bass section.  They are packing as I am
working to get this on the net.  They all continue to do well in the grade
department, although Tim is going to have to retake some of his Algebra over
this summer.  It happens a lot at Oakdale.  Kids do not pass until they master
concepts of math.  I can?t do the stuff they do here, but then again, I just
completed my fifth year in sixth grade math last year! ;-)   When Evan isn?t
studying, he?s playing basketball or rocking out on the drums.  He plays for
the praise team and is really enjoying that.  Tim likes to read, talk to his
friends, and play football with the dorm guys.  He also has a standing date
with some of the Jr. High guys for ?a beating?.  This concerned me, though I
couldn?t imagine Tim a bully, but I was watching the dorm one night when the
date was made and carried out, and it was a fun romp with all involved
wrestling and laughing like fools.  I see those boys needing a big brother to
tackle, and I see God using Tim relationally even now.  Both Tim and Evan will
be leaving for Mexico the middle of next month to work and witness.  Evan is
working on The Sower and The Seeds Parable in Spanish and they are both going
to be teaching the drama of it to their team.   They are getting excited.
Please pray for their safety and that their funds come in.   If you would like
to give a tax deductible gift to this cause or to hear more about it, Email us
@ Mailto:otb@xxxxxxxxxx

Vic and I are working on booking the summer and it looks to be crisscrossing
the country affair once again.  I know God can work out the details to be less
that way and I just don?t want to get in his way.  Pray the van holds together
another year too.  We are feeling good after the accident, although never
100%.  It?s hard to believe it has been over a year.  I expected to be healed
better by now, but the doctors say this is pretty normal.  Vic?s will always
be this way.  (He doesn?t have pain all the time, but is always somewhat aware
of the disc.  He is a ½ to one inch shorter.)  He walks every day a few miles
with a buddy and I do my aerobics tape, but am not allowed to run or do high
impact stuff.  When we aren?t doing those things, we keep busy volunteering a
few days a month at Oakdale.

Pray for our schedule, and remember to thank Jesus this month when God floods
the earth with new life to remind us His Son is risen!  He is risen indeed!

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.