[otb] 7-31-2002 Update

  • From: OTB <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OTB Update <otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:45:21 -0600

7-31-2002

Dear Friends and Family:

I know that some of you may have wondered if we had fallen off the face
of the earth.  No, but we did slide a little farther south.  We are
conducting pre-teen camp at Pinecrest Nazarene Camp in Missouri.  What a
great group.  There are 135 campers and a great staff too.  The camp is
beautiful and green.  Remember that color?  It comes before brown.  It
has sprinkled every day, but not poured yet.  I have fished every day.

I wrote you last week in Eaton Rapids, MI at Family Camp.  It was a busy
week as we have so many good friends in Camp, but the computer ate my
letter before it got sent.  I was so bummed, because it was time for
chapel and I couldn't rewrite it and it was nowhere to be found.

Eaton Rapids was a milestone for Vic and me.  It was the first place
where Vic and I got invitations to graduations from kids we had our
first year in Out of the Box.  That will make you feel old.  We also
realize it will be a short time before they bring us their kids and
enroll them in our program.  Time just goes on by, doesn't it?  Weave
already had someone come to us, with his family, who had accepted Christ
as a camper when we were in His Workmanship many years ago.  Vic will
celebrate his 18th year in full time ministry in a couple weeks.  Mine
was last January.  It is amazing to us.  God is Good!

One of the things I wrote about in the letter I lost was a great
opportunity I had to share my chalk talents in a teaching setting this
month.  The International Fellowship of Christian Magicians met at
Indiana Wesleyan University for a week.  Vic and I had decided we could
not work out the week there, so we let our friends know we wouldn't see
them.  Bob and Suzie Zoerman, friends in ministry, through some heroic
efforts and a lot of hassle to them, made it possible for us to be there
and we are very grateful.  We drove all night and arrived on Tuesday in
time to see a great evening show.  We got registered Wednesday and got
ready to teach two chalk lectures that afternoon.  They went all right
and
I am in hopes all took some valuable things away with them.  There was
another great show that evening.  Then, I drew a patriotic picture along
with four other chalk artists as the closer to the evening show.  Our
pictures were about as different as they could be, even though we drew
them simultaneously, to the same music and theme.  Thanks you so much
Suzie and Bob.  It was a pleasure. Please ask the Lord to bless their
ministry and their generosity to us.  Go see their site if you like at
http://magicbob.org

We head to Broken Bow, NE next for the County Fair there.  It will be
fun to do something new.  We will be the Grandstand show for Sunday
evening and will be in the Ministerial Alliance Tent after that.

Please keep a couple opportunities in your prayers.  We are working with
some old friends to put together a tour in October, both east and
north.  It will take some fast work and some additional dates, so, if
you know of anyone interested in using us in their church in later
September thru October, in the midwest and east, let us know.  And a
little later into the future, we are looking toward a mission trip to
South America.  It will take fund raising and you know how much we love
that.  We hope to work with a group in children's evangelism in
Argentina, both teaching teachers, and ministering to kids.  We hope to
teach at the seminary in Brazil that has been waiting a long time too.
Please pray about this and we will as well.

Well the rain is finally coming down and I think I?ll go play in it.
Love to you all,

Linda, Vic, and the boys

P.S.  A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery through the
rain.  Timmy said to reword it to say, ?A truly happy person is one who
can enjoy the rain in spite of my singing.?

P.P.S.  Visit us at http://otbusa.org    Bring your friends!

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.