[otb] 5-22-08 OTB Update - Butterflies

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelists" <otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:44:18 -0400

Dear Friends and Family in the Lord:

I have learned so many things living out at Lynam Creek.  I liked living out
in the middle of nowhere.  Vic, not so much!  There is some really beautiful
flora and fauna there.  One thing I love is when the butterflies are swarming.
 The other day there was a huge pile of them in my driveway.  There were
beautiful large black and blue ones, lovely yellow ones, tiny white ones, and
my favorite orange and black ones.  They were all bunched together and I
couldn?t resist going to see what they were looking at.  I got close and they
all took off, leaving a couple still sitting on their object of interest?a
piece of dog poop.  It reminds me of working with teenagers.  I have been so
impressed with what smelly garbage beautiful, intelligent, articulate teens
can be drawn into. It isn?t just that they don?t know what it is.  They are
just too willing to be drawn to it.  My last years at Oakdale have been spent
helping them identify, avoid, and deal with consequences from some of these
things.  Mostly, we have spent these years doing our best to introduce each
one to the best friend who will be there to advise them in the ways of
holiness and wisdom.  It is hard to let go and leave them with Him, but oh so
much better.

The big move has happened.  Okay.  Half of it has happened.  All of our stuff
is in a storage unit here in Cheyenne.  We are going to leave house hunting
until after our summer tour is over.  Please pray for safety as we travel,
wisdom as we plan ministry, and God?s Spirit to inhabit all our programs.  If
He is there, the rest will fall into place where He wants it. We begin summer
tour Sunday.

Thanks you for all your prayers regarding vehicles and move, etc.  Each thing
was able to fall into place before we left.  God is gracious to us.  Thank you
to all our friends who helped us as well.  You Rock!  Special thanks to
Jeremiah and Robert who toted lots of boxes both in KY and in WY.  Please also
pray for our support raising.  It is coming in very slowly.  We are trying not
to worry about it.  God?s got it covered.  If you have friends or family who
would be interested in supporting us or in getting our updates, let them know
to go to OTBUSA.org and sign up.  Have a great summer.  We can?t wait to see
what God?s got going and how we get to help.

Thanks again,

Vic and Linda
Out of the Box Performance Arts

http://www.otbusa.org