[orebird] Re: Public reviewer list?

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OReBird <orebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:56:46 -0800

I have spoken with Harv Schubothe, the president of OBA, and he would prefer to
just have a link to the eBird site like Greg Haworth suggested. This would put
the onus of eBird reviewer updates on the eBird team. FYI, the link that Greg
provided (thanks Greg) shows only names and emails.

Russ
From: g.haworth@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 08:11:11 -0500
Subject: [orebird] Re: Public reviewer list?
To: orebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All reviewers and their area(s) of review privileges are already publicly
available. I am in complete support of this information being publicly
available and support that part of Russ' initial sentiment.

Go to this page (eBird Review standards) ,at the bottom of the page is a link
to a PDF (eBird_Review_Tool_and_Filter_Instructions_28Jan2015.pdf),
and on pg 5 of the pdf you will find a link to a google doc where all
reviewers and their area(s) of review privileges are specified. Here is
that link; Reviewers

Matt, since eBird Central published and maintains this list the answers to
your questions are but an email away. Although i'm sure Brian will chime in as
he is a member of this list as well.

So what's the point in duplication?

Personally, I really don't want to be associated with the OFO, so i would
appreciate keeping my name off of it's website. I volunteer my time to the
Cornell eBird project and do not want to be co-opted by the OFO. In this, i do
not support the second part of Russ' sentiment, to post reviewer information
directly to the OFO website. Perhaps you could just put up a link to the
existing document instead.

For the sake of transparency, just so you folks know, i consider Joel as a very
dear friend.
greg

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 1:17 AM, Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The OBA website already has names and email of OBA board members and past
presidents. I don't think these folks have been contacted by any spammers, etc.
I agree that an email is sufficient. No phone numbers.

Russ

From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2015 22:06:59 -0800
To: orebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm okay having my name and email published, although if there is some way to
prevent advertisers, scammers, or marketers from harvesting my information I'd
appreciate it.
Joe Blowers

Sent from my iPad
On Nov 1, 2015, at 9:18 PM, Tom Crabtree <tc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Russ, I agree. Doug, Joel already knows you are the reviewer for Benton
County, so nothing is gained by keeping the list off OBOL.

Tom