RE: "wait for scn from all nodes" wait in RAC

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>, <Cary.Millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:04:13 -0700

 > roundtrip for the confirmation of the SCN so that the LGWR can write
the redo. We are using three private gigabit interconnects and in theory
there
> enough bandwidth available to the IC path.

bandwidth of the interconnect is most likely not a problem. Latency?
Perhaps.
Processor spikes/saturation on certain nodes, more likely.

        Amir

#5). We are using the "broadcast on commit" scheme as it is recommended
by Oracle for 11i instances. Per Metalink, this event is related to the
broadcast scheme that we are using. But what does it really mean and at
what point it becomes a matter of concern? Any feedback will be
appreciated.

                Thank you
                Amir