Re: using set role command in a logon trigger

  • From: laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:51:36 -0700 (PDT)

Yea I have and none of these options work.

  I have created a logon trigger and  can find the user and application that is
running.For  this example TOAD.exe using sys_context('USERENV','MODULE').

  This works fine but then I try to set the role. I have tried
dbms.execute('set role <rolename>')
  and I trying executing a stored procedures with callers rights and running
dbms_sessesion.set_role(<rolename>);

  (if my syntax is off sorry not logged on to the system right now. The
commands did compile and run though hope you got them)

  Nothing seems to work. Seems you are not allowed set a role in a trigger or
stored procedures
  bug # 2722827.

  Any creative ideas?

  Can someone have oracle put this on the top of the list?

  Many Thanks,
  Laura
Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  On 4/4/07, laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:      So I am
wondering if it is possible to use the set role command in a trigger?

  I can use sys_context and v$session to determine what application the user
has loged in from but not sure about

Have you tried it?

--
Jared Still