Re: using set role command in a logon trigger

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "laura pena" <lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 16:49:29 -0700

On 4/4/07, laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nothing seems to work. Seems you are not allowed set a role in a trigger
or stored procedures
bug # 2722827.

Didn't realize it was considered a bug.  Oracle has not allowed
privileges set through a role for as long as I can recall.

Sorry I didn't mention that in my previous reply, I had already hit <SEND>.

Any creative ideas?

As I understand it, you need to be able to assign privileges for a
particular
user at runtime, based on which app the user has logged in from?

Take a look at proxy users.  That may be of help.  See 'Alter User' in the
SQL reference (9i) to get started.  This may or may not do what you need.

--
Jared Still