using LDAP with MS ACTIVE DIRECTORY

  • From: Jaffar_DBA <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:45:26 +0300

Hello List,

We are planning to move away from oracle names server and wanted to
make use of LDAP facility with MS ACTIVE DIRECTORY.  I have the
following doubts in this regards:

1. Do we have to create any schema for database in the Active
Directory , as when I try to use  directory usage configuration,  it
complains that I dont have schema for the database.
2. I dont need to make use of OID(oracle Internet directory), rather I
would like to use MS Active Directory option.
3. Does OID required or I can go with MS Active Directory with LDAP?

You suggestion or any docs for this procedure would be a great help for me.

Thaning you in advance
--
Best Regards,
Jaffar, OCP DBA