update syntax

  • From: Guang Mei <GMei@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:12:36 -0500

On oracle 9i,

I thought I saw a similar sql looks like below, but this one does not seem
to work. Anyone could tell me the correct syntax? TIA.

update T1
set    c1 , c2 = (select c1, c2 from T1  where id= 123)
where id= 456;

Guang

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:
addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.