Re: supress message on alert.log

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:45:10 -0600 (CST)

The message means you have altered the default value of
fast_start_mttr_target to be > 0, which turns on MTTR advisory.

A Google search and/or a doc search would show you:

You should disable or remove the FAST_START_IO_TARGET,
LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL, and LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT parameters when using
FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET. Setting these parameters to active values interferes
with FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET, resulting in a different than expected value
V$INSTANCE_RECOVERY.TARGET_MTTR.

Basically, use one method or the other -- you have both.

HTH!  GL!

Rich