Re: streams issue

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:06:54 -0500

Thank you , Arun. We fixed this by truncating that STREAMS table

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle Engineering
224-405-4079

             "Arul
             Ramachandran"
             <contactarul@gmai                                          To
             l.com>                    genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             oracle-l-bounce@f         oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             reelists.org                                          Subject
                                       Re: streams issue

             09/23/2006 05:26
             PM

             Please respond to
             contactarul@gmail
                   .com

Gene,

There are a few "must" use patches for Streams on 10.2.0.2. In case you
have not applied those patches, I'd suggest first applying those. I have a
list of patches for Solaris 10. Since your OS is Linux, you may want to
contact Oracle support to get that.

I suppose the apply process has already ABORTED. Is capture looking good?
What does the STATUS and ERROR_MESSAGE fields of DBA_APPLY and DBA_CAPTURE
say?

If you have set parallelism for apply, try without any parallelism.

Another thing to check when the error started happening, what type of
transactions were happening on the source database - was it just OLTP or
BATCH?

I have come across the "ORA-10388: parallel query server interrupt
(failure)" error, but I can't recall if I got the ORA-00001: unique
constraint... violation.

Some more info would be useful .... key init.ora settings, settings for
capture and apply ..

Arul

On 9/22/06, genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <
genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi all:

  We have recently implemented an application with streams on Linux using
  Oracle 10.2.0.2.
  Since last I am seeing apply process failing every few minutes with the
  following error in the alert log:

  ORA-10388: parallel query server interrupt (failure)
  Sat Sep 23 02:06:34 2006
  Streams APPLY A001 with pid=40, OS id=32280 stopped
  Sat Sep 23 02:06:34 2006
  Errors in file /opt/oracle/admin/pihs10/bdump/pihs101_a001_32280.trc:
  ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P000, instance
  rwlp75l1.ihs.discoverfinancial.com:pihs101 (1)
  ORA-00001: unique constraint (SYS.I_STREAMS_APPLY_SPILL_TXN) violated

  I have searched metalink but did not find any relevant info. Has anyone
  seen that error and has  an explanation and a fix?

  thank you

  Gene Gurevich