statspack

  • From: aj wells <awellsdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:27:59 -0600

Okay... more creativity...

I have a multi TB database (9.2.0.4) that is pulling statspack stats every hour.
For the first hundred hours of the massive load into these tables, the
statspack report shows HUGE undo bytes written (which I would expect)
excpet they are negative numbers.  negative 3 billion, negative 2
billion... with trans table gets along the same lines (negative
millions), wraps, shrinks and extends are all negative.... even when
the undo bytes written are positive, the others are all negative.

Huh?

Pointers to docs (google isn't a whole lot of help... metalink keeps
sending me the stupid VMS docs and links to regular information).  I
would just as soon not have to log an itar on this if anyone has a
clue what might be going on.

Thanks...
aj