Re: statistics_level in another session

  • From: Kerry Osborne <kerry.osborne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richa03@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 11:04:37 -0600

Rich,

Not sure there is a way to set statistics_level for a remote session. If you're trying to get extended stats so you can do XPLAN with ALLSTATS option, you can accomplish that with a SQL Profile on the statement that adds a GATHER_PLAN_STATISTICS hint (I did a recent post on that). But it would only apply to a single statement (or set of related statements using force_match).

Session parameter settings are in v$ses_optimizer_env - although doesn't show all parameters. You can use the attached script to get a more complete list.

Kerry Osborne
Enkitec
blog: kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com

On Mar 2, 2010, at 5:37 PM, Rich wrote:

Hi list,
Is there any way to set statistics_level in another session without
access to the code?

Will:
oradebug setospid xxxxxx
alter session set statistics_level=all;
do it?

Also, how can I determine what the value(s) of parameter settings are
for another session?

TIA,
Rich