RE: standby reinstate failed: other options

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:49:20 -0400

Sorry I didn't see the original thread on this one.

I've messed with DG broker probably more than I ever wanted to.  Even when
oracle says to "rebuild standby" its not necessarily true, i've gotten
around it multiple times between, bouncing standby, disable, re-enable
configuration, manually catching up logs.

Now if you did a "failover" and not a switchover, sometimes a reinstate
will work depending on how far back, etc it is.

joe

From:
"Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxx" <Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxx>,
"oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
08/29/2011 09:31 AM
RE: standby reinstate failed: other options
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You're going to have to rebuild the standby from the primary.  Which leads
to the other side that having a system that fires on its own is normally
not a good thing.  Call me old fashion if you like, but I prefer to fail
over my standby manually just because of this.

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader

JPEG image