Re: standby database backup

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: helter.skelterr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:37:39 +0000

Hi there,

this is not really the answer to your question (I think that's been
given already), but can you make use of the flashback database feature?

It can be used to flash the database prior to it's resetlogs scn. You
can then convert it to a physical standby database and put it back into
managed recovery mode. I think this is explained in the Data Guard
Concepts and Administration guide, chapter "scenarios".

Hope that helps,

Martin

--
Martin Bach