sqlnet.ora problem

  • From: Chris Newman <cjnewman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 09:49:50 -0500 (CDT)

Running on Solaris 10, 64bit.  I'm attempting to implement
tcp.validnode_checking.  It appears however that my sqlnet.ora file is *not*
being read.

TNSLSNR for Solaris: Version - Production on 18-AUG-2007
System parameter file is
Log messages written to /services/oraclesp/10g/network/log/listener.log
Trace information written to
Trace level is currently 0

This is what shows when starting the listener; the sqlnet.ora file however has
these parameters:

TCP.INVITED_NODES = (localhost,, etc, etc)
TRACE_DIRECTORY_SERVER = /services/oracle/sqltrace

It looks like the sqlnet.ora is NOT being picked up, based on both the trace
level and the trace directory.

Lsnrctl status also reports the 'wrong' information as the trace being set to
'off' and the trace directory as

So why isn't my sqlnet.ora being picked up?  I've verified that it is the only
one on the box, its permissions are RW for oracle and it is located in the
listener directory (in this case /services/oraclesp/10g/network/admin'.  I've
also grepped for 'listener.trc' and it doesn't appear in any file on the box,
so it must be a default.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks- Chris