Re: speeding up expdp

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 16:13:04 -0300

I would suggest benchmarking the NFS. If you have a file of similar size
(you can create it on the fly, though) you can try copying  the file
directly from the database storage (which I'm hoping is SAN) to the target
directory (NAS) and see the maximum throughput you can get. I've had some
dealings with NFS and it can be astoundingly  slow (something the database
seems to hide well enough using the SGA but is a pain  for  massive io)
hth
Alan.-

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Maureen English
<maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
not quoting  this