RE: snapshot tool old from source over db link

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:31:09 -0400

David,

See this URL:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/settrans.html
for a (hopefully lucid) explanation of why=20
doing 'set transaction use rollback segment ....'
will not solve an ORA-1555.

The most likely solution is to increase the size and/or
number of rollback segments to avoid the ORA-1555.  Also,
if your rollback segments are not equally sized, consider
that likelyhood of encountering ORA-1555 is directly=20
dependent on the size of the SMALLEST rollback segment,
not the largest one.

Hope that helps,

-Mark