snapshot tool old from source over db link

  • From: "David" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

I have a materialized view in a data warehouse.
On the hour, the view is refreshed from production.
The refresh fails on occasion due to ora-1555(snapshot too old), that
occurs in the prod db or source across db links.
I would like to use set transcation and use a large RBS.
How can I accomplish this when the view and refresh exists in one db, but
the db generating the 1555 is across db links and would not benefit from
set transaction as the local rb segments are not the issue.
Hmmmm?
Thanks
--
..