Re: scope

  • From: Ingrid Voigt <GiantPanda@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L Group <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:27:54 +0200

On 21.09.2011 20:12, Zelli, Brian wrote:
> I have to issue this command for some auditing:
> alter system set audit_trailÛ scope=spfile;
>
> My question is that I still use a pfile.  So do I use both or memory or
> nothing for scope?

Doesn't work that way. audit_trail is a static parameter and can only be
changed by
bouncing the database. You need to textedit the pfile.

For dynamic parameters you would use memory or leave the scope part out,
but without writing the pfile the change is gone when the instance is
restarted.

Best regards
Ingrid