Re: resync

  • From: Sten Christian Rognes <rognes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:11:59 -0700

On Oct 11, 2005, at 3:50 PM, Denny Koovakattu wrote:

All,

  I am trying to catch up on my email, so this might have already been
discussed.

Version: 9.2.0.4
Protection: MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE
log_archive_max_processes=2
log_archive_dest_2="SERVICE=standby_alias LGWR ASYNC REOPEN=60"
log groups = 3
log file size = 1G

I have seen this behavior recently with a really slow (NOT broken) network.
All the archiver processes were busy copying the archive log files over to the
standby and none were available to archive the last log group. The database was
hung until we manually archived the logfiles. (Haven't experimented to find a
workaround since we are working on fixing the network.)

Regards,
Denny
--
Denny Koovakattu

Could this because you don't have your log_archive_dest_2 configured as optional or/and have log_archive_min_succeed_dest =2?

Sten

_______________ Sten Rognes Berkeley, CA -- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l