RE: rename a database

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 15:19:07 -0400

Yes, Keep a lookout for your tempfiles.

RMAN however, is the new paradigm... you can duplicate to new name, or
restore to same name on new server, but cannot 'duplicate' to same name
on same server, (because it requires the source database to be up).  To
same name on same server is a little easier the old fashioned way, (user
written backups).   (but then again... how much of a hindrance is that)?

Other combos are beyond scope.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904  727-2546