relinking a secondary Oracle installation

  • From: Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:52:39 -0400

Hello,

I've just copied a set of Oracle executables to one of our production
servers.  I'll be changing the existing database to use these
executables this weekend, but for now, I'd like to relink them to make
sure I can.

Can I safely execute a 'relink all' with an active database and
listener if they are NOT using the executables I'm relinking?  I'm
pretty sure the answer is yes, but my sleep was cut short by the pager
so I thought I'd verify before I do this.  I'm even pretty sure I've
done this before but my mind is playing tricks on me today so I could
use a second opinion.

thanks all ... Robyn