Re: privileges in non-production

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:21:02 -0700

I have select and update roles on all application tables, subdivided by
functional area where possible, and grant those roles to developers. I regularly
extract granted privileges (and other metadata) from the development and test
environments using dbms_metadata so that I can easily recreate privileges (and
passwords) after a development/test database is refreshed from production.
In some environments I need to grant "drop any table" so that they can do a
truncate. In that case I use a trigger on the drop command to prevent developers
to actually drop any but their own tables.

--
regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle 7,8,8i,9i OCP DBA