RE: own session's SID

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Ruth Gramolini' <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>, thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mark.powell@xxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:47:59 -0400

No, it's by no means a 10g thing. It is unsupported/undocumented stuff.
It's like using an 18-wheeler  to drive from home to a grocery shop and
back. It works, but..... On top of that, you probably wouldn't want to
grant execute on DBMS_SUPPORT to public. In other works, DBMS_SUPPORT
is not an answer. Create function as the user system, create public synonym
and grant execute on the function to public. When oracle doesn't
want to do it for you, you have to take matters in your own hands.
--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network