Re: oracle vs sybase cheatsheet

  • From: tboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:26:50 -0500 (EST)

Oh yeah ... just removed it actually.  Now that i've been in
Oracle land for a while, i removed/corrected several things just now.
(the questions at the bottom really).

Literaly, I wrote that back in 2001 after being in-oracle for 2
weeks ... it was the only way I could survive :-)

Its funny; one thing I've noticed in my Oracle time is the prevalent
number of "Oracle Myths" that exist out there.  Example, we just had
yet another huge discussion about whether count(*) or count(1) is
better or worse: a classic oracle myth that one is better than the other.

The index thing apparently is another myth that is still out there.
Someone told me that once, and I believed it b/c i didn't know any
better.  I'm sure thats how a lot of bad theories get passed around.

Someone could make a mint just writing a "Myth-debunking" book on
Oracle.  Wait a minute!  What a grand Idea!  :-)

todd