oracle restart

  • From: goran bogdanovic <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:50:06 +0100

Hi,

I recently checked this new oracle feature and come to a conclusions that
'oracle restart' doesn't restart automatically resources (e.g. listener) if
being stopped manually using regular tools (e.g. lsnrctl).
In docs I have also found that this is intended behaviour of 'oracle
restart'
<>
Oracle utilities such as SQL*Plus, the Listener Control utility (LSNRCTL),
and ASMCMD are integrated with Oracle Restart. If you shut down the database
with SQL*Plus, Oracle Restart does not interpret this as a database failure
and does not attempt to restart the database. Similarly, if you shut down
the Oracle ASM instance with SQL*Plus or ASMCMD, Oracle Restart does not
attempt to restart it.
<>

Does anyone knows is there any way to change this behaviour for specific
resource (like setting attribute) ... i.e. even if resource has been stopped
manually (not using srvctl or crsctl) 'oracle restart' will attempt to
restart it.

many thanks,
goran