Re: oracle database memory access becomes slow after restart

  • From: Николаев Андрей Серапионович <Andrey.Nikolaev@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: eagle.f@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:02:37 +0400 (MSK)

Hello!

This seems very similar to problem discussed in MOS Note
"Oracle database restart takes longer on high end systems running Oracle
Solaris[TM] [ID 1003483.1]"

I have met this issue several times when the SGA occupied almost all RAM.

The workaround is:
set pg_contig_disable=1 in /etc/system and reboot the Solaris.

Also decrease of  SGA can help.

Best Regards.
Andrey Nikolaev
http://andreynikolaev.wordpress.com