Re: ora-1012

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 00:20:34 +0200

Stupid idea but might the password of the account you log to through the database link have changed/expired, or CONNECT have been revoked from this account? A database link is nothing but a name given to a username/password/tnsnames entry ...

HTH

Stéphane Faroult

genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Everybody:

My appication team is running a batch process against a database (db1)
which accesses tables in another database
on the same server (db2) via a db link. Starting today their process
suddenly fails with ora-1012 pointing to the db2.
I looked at the alert log and udump directory on db2 and found no errors
there. I searched metalink and google
and also did not find much info pertaining to my situation (oracle 9208 on
AIX 5.3). Does anyone have any advice
on that. This is a big production issue right now

thank you

Gene Gurevich