ora_snp locks offline datafile

  • From: "Alessandro Vercelli" <alever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Freelists.org" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:30:38 +0200

Hi all,
some days ago I created a big rollback_segment to refresh some huge snapshots;
the rbs was created in a own separated filesystem which is laying on a own
separated disk; operating system is AIX 4.3; the snaspshot was refreshed by a
script which onlined the big rbs, refreshed the snapshot and offlined the big
rbs.
Today, since the snapshot finished successfully, I checked the big rbs which
was (obviously) offline, dropped the big rbs and after issued a "drop
tablespace RBS_TMP including contents".
No error was showed.

After that I tryed to unmount the separated filesystem, but it's locked by
three instances of ora_snp.

Does anybody have any suggestion for this issue?

Thanks,

Alessandro Vercelli