Re: optimizer_mismatch and hash_match_failed

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: valpis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:00:21 +0300

It's the MEMORY_TARGET / Automatic Memory Management, which changes your
PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET regularly, resulting in some _smm_* parameter changes,
which happen to be part of the optimizer environment, which cause new hard
parses when some existing cursors are used again.
The HASH_MATCH_FAILED shows up when you use cursor_sharing_similar with
"unsafe" bind variables - like where clauses with bind variables on columns
with histograms or bind variables in various range, like, between or <, >
conditions.

--
*Tanel Poder*
Enkitec (The Exadata Experts)