Re:opatch fails

  • From: "Alessandro Vercelli" <alever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Brian\.Zelli" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:40:30 +0200

Hi Brian,
to check the system o.s. type

$ uname -a

to check what is the o.s. vendor and release type

$ cat /etc/issue

Beware of those admins if they do not cooperate with you...

Ciao,

Alessandro

> The following warnings has happened during OPatch execution:
>
> 1) OUI-67200:Make failed to invoke "/usr/bin/make -f ins_rdbms.mk
> ioracle ORACL:
>
> : warning: the `gets' function is dangerous and should not be used.

<cut>

> the wrong version of the patch?  How can I tell what version the server
> is?  I'm new to the company and not getting much from the other admins.
>
> ciao,
> Brian
>
> Brian J. Zelli
> Sr. Database Administrator
> Enterprise Application/Systems Integration
> Information Technology - Roswell Park Cancer Institute
> phone: (716) 845-4460 email: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fino al 30% di risparmio + sconto extra del 10%. Scopri Direct Line con il
preventivo gratuito, entro il 31 Ottobre!
http://click.libero.it/direct_line7