Re: opatch ApplySession failed

  • From: "Rick Weiss" <RWeiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:37:41 -0600

Dave:

If you are applying the Apr security patch, Metalink states that the patch for
10.2.0.2 will not be available untile May 1 - you might be trying to apply the
patch for 10.2.0.1.  I am in the same boat, I am waiting for the new patch.

Good luck

Rick Weiss
Oracle Database Administrator

Student Assistance Foundation
P.O.Box 203101
2500 Broadway
Helena, MT 59620-3101

rweiss@xxxxxxxxx
(406) 495-7356

>>> "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx> 4/25/2006 2:32 PM >>>

Folks, I got a strange opatch error when trying to apply a patch on an Oracle
10.2.0.2 install: ...INFO:Starting to apply patch to local system at Tue Apr 25
13:40:08 CDT 2006INFO:OPatch detected ARU_ID/Platform_ID as
226SEVERE:OUI-67073:Apply Session failed: ApplySession failed to prepare the
system. ApplySession: Required component(s) [ oracle.rdbms.rsf, 10.2.0.1.0,
higher version 10.2.0.2.0 found. ]  not present in the Oracle Home or a higher
version found.INFO:System intact, OPatch will not attempt to restore the
system... Has anyone seen this before or have any good suggestions on how to
fix?  It seems to me the message is telling me what I know, that previously I
upgraded from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2. Thanks in advance for any help or
suggestions. Dave-------------------------------------Dave Herring, DBAAcxiom
Corporation3333 FinleyDowners Grove, IL 60515wk:
630.944.4762<mailto:dherri@xxxxxxxxxx>-------------------------------------
"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against the
windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner
information contained in this communication is confidential, isintended only
for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legallyprivileged.If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you arehereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of thiscommunication is
strictly prohibited.If you have received this communication in error, please
resend thiscommunication to the sender and delete the original message or any
copyof it from your computer system.Thank