opatch ApplySession failed

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:32:52 -0500

Folks,

I got a strange opatch error when trying to apply a patch on an Oracle
10.2.0.2 install:

INFO:Starting to apply patch to local system at Tue Apr 25 13:40:08 CDT
2006

INFO:OPatch detected ARU_ID/Platform_ID as 226

SEVERE:OUI-67073:Apply Session failed: ApplySession failed to prepare
the system. ApplySession: Required component(s) [ oracle.rdbms.rsf,
10.2.0.1.0, higher version 10.2.0.2.0 found. ]  not present in the
Oracle Home or a higher version found.

INFO:System intact, OPatch will not attempt to restore the system

Has anyone seen this before or have any good suggestions on how to fix?
It seems to me the message is telling me what I know, that previously I
upgraded from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Dave

-------------------------------------

Dave Herring, DBA

Acxiom Corporation

3333 Finley

Downers Grove, IL 60515

wk: 630.944.4762

<mailto:dherri@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dherri@xxxxxxxxxx> >

"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against
the windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.