RE: monitoring and maintenance tool

  • From: "Johnson, George" <GJohnson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bzelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:03:22 -0000

        We use Precise/Veritas/Symantec i3 to watch our DBs and webservers, the
DB is SGA sampled so no hits on the DD views, while we don't use Oracle Apps we
do use various MS N-Tier type apps. I3 has agents that collect from all sorts
of apps like IIS, Apache, Siebel, J2EE, SAP, .Net and Oracle Apps, as well as
very good Oracle collection. It's big selling point is it's supposed to be to
give full end-to-end page-to-SQL correlation, although in my experience this is
a little over exaggerated, you really need very well designed and tightly
integrated Oracle/Webserver setup to make it work 100%. I think it's way over
priced for it actually does, but if you can the end-to-end stuff working it
might cover you need. In addition it has custom alerts and very good simple
reporter tool, that chucks all the report results straight into Excel so you
get full control over the report result presentation.

        Rgds